The show is SOLD-OUT for Food Concessionaires, you may apply to be on the wait-list.
Mount Dora Seafood Festival event hours are: Saturday August 25, 2018 from 11am to 9pm and Sunday August 29, 2018 from 11am to 4pm. This is a rain-or-shine event! The event is in the month of August so be prepared for some precipitation. We do not issue refunds for weather!!
In response to reviews of too many large platters with high pricing at previous events, the 2018 Mount Dora Seafood Festival will strive for an affordable tasting experience to our visitors seeking a wide variety of seafood to enjoy over the weekend. At the 2018 event, we are REQUIRING ALL Food vendors to provide a description of at least one seafood or tropical menu item for $5 or less. This will allow visitors to sample a wide range of seafood items.
Add your menu item description in the comments section of your application. Unusual menu items (ie octopus, squid, gator, guava, papaya etc) will receive higher consideration over common dishes. If you cannot comply, Do Not to apply to this event!
Participation as a food concessionaire in the Mount Dora Seafood Festival is by invitation only. We will accept applications and the committee will select the best options from the submissions from the applications received. Please answer all of the questions in the application process, upload your photos of your setup and vehicles and include your menu items. Some of your menu items will be limited to avoid duplication of products offered within the same food court locations.
You MUST comply with all City of Mount Dora requirements as outlined in this document: Mount Dora Fire Department Guidelines Please read this carefully and be prepared to comply with ALL requirements. The Fire Department will inspect!
Additional requirements from the Mount Dora Police Department Code Enforcement include:
• ALL SIDEWALKS AND CROSSWALKS SHALL BE KEPT CLEAR! The sidewalk and crosswalk areas shall be free from of any tripping hazard such as /booths/carts/weights/tie downs et
* You MUST park in your assigned parking area! You are NOT permitted to park on downtown streets in front of businesses. These spaces are reserved for visitors and downtown shopping only!
• All cords/hoses/ropes etc. shall be kept taped down or mats placed over top of them in any area where pedestrians can access to avoid any tripping hazard.
• All Handicapped access shall not be blocked or compromised.
• All tents must have tie downs that shall be securely weighted down. NO staking of tents in the event area!
• Rubber matting/Roofing Paper shall be placed under the entire cooking surface. A roll of roofing paper works well for this purpose.
• Generators must be super-quiet and not emit offensive odors of any kind. We will inspect each generator.
Electric is virtually unavailable in this event footprint. Please be prepared to bring a super-quiet generator.
Ice will be available to purchase at the event. Details will be forthcoming.
SEAFOOD FESTIVAL Food Vendor Pricing 2018
Food Vendor Cart Evans Walk $250+tax
Food Vendor 10×10 Evans Walk $450+tax
Food Vendor 10-20ft Evans Walk $750+tax
Food Vendor 20-30ft Evans Walk $1300+tax
Food Vendor Cart Marina Cay & Simpsons Cove $200+tax
Food Trucks only in Marina Cay & Simpsons Cove $500+tax
Electricity Available $75. Pre-approved QUIET Generators are allowed.
If you have any questions, email Janet at Janet.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352)217-8390.
If you have questions please email GoMountDora@gmail.com
Below is the proposed 2018 event layout: