Mount Dora Seafood Festival event hours are: Saturday September 27th, 2019 from 11am to 7pm and Sunday September 28th, 2018 from 11am to 5pm. This is a rain-or-shine event! The event is in the month of September so be prepared for some precipitation. We do not issue refunds for weather!!
In response to reviews of too many large platters with high pricing at previous events, the 2019 Mount Dora Seafood Festival will strive for an affordable tasting experience to our visitors seeking a wide variety of seafood to enjoy over the weekend. At the 2019 event, we are REQUIRING ALL Food vendors to provide a description of at least one seafood or tropical menu item for $5 or less. This will allow visitors to sample a wide range of seafood items.
Add your menu item description in the comments section of your application. Unusual menu items (ie octopus, squid, gator, guava, papaya etc) will receive higher consideration over common dishes. If you cannot comply, Do Not to apply to this event!
Participation as a food concessionaire in the Mount Dora Seafood Festival is by invitation only. We will accept applications and the committee will select the best options from the submissions from the applications received. Please answer all of the questions in the application process, upload your photos of your setup and vehicles and include your menu items. Some of your menu items will be limited to avoid duplication of products offered within the same food court locations.
You MUST comply with all City of Mount Dora requirements as outlined in this document: Mount Dora Fire Department Guidelines Please read this carefully and be prepared to comply with ALL requirements. The Fire Department will inspect!
Additional requirements from the Mount Dora Police Department Code Enforcement include:
• ALL SIDEWALKS AND CROSSWALKS SHALL BE KEPT CLEAR! The sidewalk and crosswalk areas shall be free from of any tripping hazard such as /booths/carts/weights/tie downs etc.
* You MUST display your prices visibly and clearly for all to see!!
* You MUST park in your assigned parking area! You are NOT permitted to park on downtown streets in front of businesses. These spaces are reserved for visitors and downtown shopping only!
• All cords/hoses/ropes etc. shall be kept taped down or mats placed over top of them in any area where pedestrians can access to avoid any tripping hazard.
• All Handicapped access shall not be blocked or compromised.
• All tents must have tie downs that shall be securely weighted down. NO staking of tents in the event area!
• Rubber matting/Roofing Paper shall be placed under the entire cooking surface. A roll of roofing paper works well for this purpose.
• Generators must be super-quiet and not emit offensive odors of any kind. We will inspect each generator.
Electric is virtually unavailable in this event footprint. Please be prepared to bring a super-quiet generator.
Ice will be available to purchase at the event. Details will be forthcoming.
SEAFOOD FESTIVAL Food Vendor Pricing 2019
Held in Gilbert Park and Simpsons Cove in Mount Dora, FL
Applications will be reviewed for consideration prior to acceptance.
Registration is NOT a GUARANTEE of ACCEPTANCE.
Visit Mount Dora reserves the right to decline any exhibitor/vendor application
for any reason whatsoever.
2019 Base booth fees for the 2 day event:
Local restaurant 10 x 10 = $100
Commercial Food Vendor 10 x 10 = $250
Commercial Food Vendor 11′ to 25′ = $500
Pearl SPONSOR- Company named on radio and TV ads, banner at event, logo on print and social media ads, mentions at event $10,000
Very Limited Electric available $75
QUIET Generators are allowed.
If you have any questions, email Janet at Janet.email@example.com or call (352)217-8390.
If you have questions please email GoMountDora@gmail.com